my heart looks like your heart

my heart looks like your heart

Sunday, February 9, 2020

when holidays hurt

♥️



If you’ve lost someone and this is your first holiday season without them on this planet,
I know there are no words I can say to fix it.
I know it’s hard to feel celebratory at times
and you might even feel guilty for having a holiday your loved one can no longer have
and it can feel wrong to enjoy it,
or even impossible to.
I feel you, and I’m sorry, and I’m sending you love during this difficult time.


If you’ve lost someone and this is your 2nd or 3rd or 4th or 10th or however many years it’s been,
I know that it still hurts
and that the holidays can be a harsh and sad time of struggle.
I know people forget that you still hurt in that way,
some expect you to be “fine” by now,
and others don’t even know about it.
I feel you, and I’m sorry, and I’m sending you love during this difficult time.



If you’re alone right now
and life has thrown unexpected twists and turns your way,
and you’re trying your best to be grateful anyway
and to make the most of everything you do have
and to smile and celebrate and at least look like the happy person you want to be,
I know how overwhelming that can be.
I know how loneliness can trap you into thinking the worst
or feeling you are unloved or unlovable.
You’re not.
I feel you, and I’m sorry, and I’m sending you love during this difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment