my heart looks like your heart

my heart looks like your heart

Sunday, February 9, 2020

what i'd like to say to my bonus kids' mother

♥️


what i'd like to say to my bonus kids' mother:


thank you.
thank you for blessing my life with the three most valuable parts of yours.
i know motherhood isn't easy.
i know it can be traumatic when our family dynamic changes and things don't go the way we'd planned or hoped.
i know it can be scary when other people enter our children's lives and we are no longer their sole heart provider like when they were small.
i also know no one can replace you
and no one will.
i'm sorry if you feel afraid in any way, or hurt or angry.
these children are amazing human beings because of you,
and i am so grateful to you for that.
i love them like my own,
but you never have to worry about where you stand
in their eyes ... or mine.
we don't have to know each other for me to honor you,
respect you,
and love you.
how could i not?
when you are a reason my heart smiles every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment