my heart looks like your heart

my heart looks like your heart

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

anywhere

i've seen you together
i see you in pieces 
i know your whole self 
i know when you're broken
i know when you're you
i know when you're not you
i know you at peace
i know when you're troubled
struggling
and fighting against yourself
i know when you're scared
when you're courageous
when you're trying to love the best that you can
against the odds
against the uncertainty
against your self imposed or conditioned belief of unworthiness
(inaccurate i know)
(but real for you i also know)
so rest your wet salty face in my hands
and let your fears escape
hot on my fingers and deep in my skin
and let me look into you
because the thing is,
in pieces you are still whole to me
i love you anyway
either way
all the ways
every way
and i'm not going anywhere
other than anywhere
you go
with me ...

No comments:

Post a Comment